Provide Go-the-Extra-Mile Service
This module covers knowledge and application skills in equipping service staff with the mindset to go the extra mile in providing excellent service. It involves demonstrating the qualities and characteristics of a service professional, creating a positive customer experience by offering customised and personalised service, and escalating areas of improvement that may enhance the customers’ experience.
On completion of this module, learners will be able to:
- Recognise the diverse range of customers and their needs and expectations
- Demonstrate the qualities and characteristics of a service professional when delivering go-the-extra-mile service to exceed customer expectations
- Create a positive customer experience by offering customized and personalized service in accordance with organisation guidelines
- Escalate feedback on areas of improvement to enhance the customer experience
- Know who are your customers ie internal vs external customers
- Understand customers’ needs and expectations, including special needs
- Quality and characteristics of service professional
- Provide Go-the-Extra-Mile-Service and importance of creating positive customer experience
- Methods to exceed customer expectations such as demonstrating passion in one’s work and making an effort to note customer’s needs or addressing them by name
- Methods to offer customised and personalised service according to organisation’s guidelines eg through up-selling or cross-selling products or services and acceding to special requests.
- Methods to identify and escalate feedback on areas of improvement
This course is relevant to frontline or customer service staff who :
- have an understanding of the organisation’s product and service, structure, standard operating procedures and guidelines on customer servic
- are able to speak, listen and read English at a proficiency level not lower than the Employability Skills Workforce Skills Qualification Literacy Level 3.
Mode of Delivery
A variety of teaching methodologies will be used to facilitate and enhance learning besides lectures, such as individual/group discussions, presentations and role plays.