Leveraging Functions and Formulas using MS Excel
At the end of the course, participants will be able to use Excel Functions and Formulas more effectively.
This course is suitable for participants who need to utilise the various pre-set functions in Microsoft Excel to create formulas and perform calculations.
View Course Dates
- Using SUM, AVERAGE, MAX, MIN, COUNT, COUNTA Functions
- Using Date and Time Functions: TODAY, NOW, DAY, MONTH, YEAR, DATE, TIME
- Using Mathematical Functions: ROUNDDOWN, ROUNDUP, SUMIF
- Using Statistical Functions: COUNTIF, COUNTBLANK, RANK
- Using Text Functions: LEFT, RIGHT, MID, TRIM, CONCATENATE
- Using Lookup Functions: VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP
- Use Database Functions: DSUM, DMIN, DMAX, DCOUNT, DAVERAGE
- Using Logical Function: IF, NESTED-IF, ISERROR, OR, AND
- Understanding Cell References in Formulas: Relative, Absolute, Mixed Reference
- Using a 3-D reference within a SUM Function
- Using TRANSPOSE Function
- Data Validation: Set, edit validation criteria for data entry in a cell range like: whole number, decimal, list, date, time
- Handling Error displays in Formulas:#######, #REF!, #NAME?, #DIV/0!, #VALUE!
- Auditing Functions: Trace precedent, dependent cells. Identify cells with missing dependents, Error Checking for Circular Reference, Watch Window